Tuesday, August 17, 2004

So, last Honors Retreat for me. Been looking forward to it for a long time, as well as everyone getting back up here to UH. Missed people more than I thought. :) Sorta funny, I was thinking that I hope this isn't what it's like to graduate. Because frankly, this summer has been rather boring; nothing to look forward to other than school starting back up and all. My days have consisted of going to work, coming home, seeing Brittnee, playing Halo, reading comic books, waiting for the next day to come around. Sort of in limbo now...don't like it. Need either school to give me something to do or other people to be around too. Love having Brittnee down finally, but she has to work nights....such as this one. Meh....


3 Comments:

At August 18, 2004 at 1:59 PM, Blogger Jared said...

Sorry to break it to you, but that's kinda what it's like. Just slog away at work until the weekend rolls around, and then rest up so you can do it again. Yee freakin' haw.

 
At August 19, 2004 at 8:27 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, graduation will be fun, being a party-type affair and all, but I imagine the aftermath will kinda suck.
- Meredith

 
At August 22, 2004 at 11:36 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah, it's weird being the old foggie, huh? It was my last honors retreat as well, and although it makes me sad to think about it, it does sort of feel like it is about time. This year at honors retreat, I really did feel like the old man on the block... geeze, so weird to be in that position, but hey, it happens right? We've been here for almost 4 years, and it's getting to be time to move on... :(. We already know all the ropes. We'e had most of the profs that everyone talks about (except for the new whipper snappers ;-)). Hell, we're now even legal to imbibe with the deans (not that it stopped us before). I never want to forget this place and the people (including yourself) that contributed so much to who I am today, but it does seem that this faze of our lives is coming to a close. I tip my glass to you and my other fellow wayward travelers on this road of life. I sincerely hope that we do not loose contact. We shouldn't look at this as an ending, but rather a new begining. In a year we will be one step closer to who we will be until we leave this world. Let us not loose sight of who we are right now, and what made us what we are. With every day that passes I begin to realize more and more how fortunate I am to have had fiends like yourself, and to be blessed enough to be able to be where I am right now. If this continues, I will die old, fat, and happy. Thank you just for being yourself. I wish you all of the best in all of your future endeavors. Always remember that you have friends here that know exactly where you are coming from. All the best.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home